Helping Participants Develop Life Skills
The objective is to help our clients live a fulfilling life by gaining skills and knowledge that would help them be an independent individual.
To assist participants to manage these challenges, we offer a range of training and development activities, aimed at building their capacity to manage day-to-day life, through the development of their knowledge, skills, and networks of support.
- Personal hygiene: Includes showering, toileting, and personal care
- Nutrition: such as shopping for groceries and planning for and preparing a healthy meal
- Home Help: including
- laundering of clothes
- maintenance issues or repairs
- addressing safety fittings
- Connecting with resources: Communicating with service providers and support networks
- Transport and travel: Planning journeys, accessing public transport, and troubleshooting issues
- Numeracy, literacy and financial management skills development:?Improve numeracy and literacy, and skills for communication and independent living.